I’m excited to announce I’ve just been nominated for a Liebster Award by Jennie Sherwin. Many thanks to Jennie for this incredible honor!
You must link back to the person who nominated you.
Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
Here are my questions from Jennie:
1. Who are your role models in your professional life? My writing mentor T. Emerson May and Nonnie Jules and Bruce Borders from RAVE REVIEWS Book Club.
2. Who are the people who have inspired you in your personal life? My husband.
3. Choose one thing in your life for which you are immensely grateful. My loved ones. This includes my family, friends, and dog (Hugo). They all make my life complete!
4. Give one example each of how you make the chemical, emotional, mental, and physical environments in your home safer for you and those you love.
Chemical: I like to use vinegar for cleaning my shower doors, as opposed to products with a long list of ingredients—many of which I can’t even pronounce!
Emotional: I always strive to be supportive of my family members and friends. This requires really listening when they need someone to talk to.
Mental: Anyone who knows me is aware in my strong belief in giving one’s best to their pursuits. However, I also firmly believe in “down time.”
Physical: I routinely place a gate so my little dachshund can’t run upstairs and jump on and off our beds. Excessive jumping can be detrimental to dachshunds’ long backs.
5. Choose one person in your life to whom you can tell almost anything without fear of judgment. Good ol’ Mom.
6. If you could choose another profession, other than the one you are in, which would you choose? Psychologist.
7. How would you like to be remembered? As someone who entertained and educated others through her writing, while simultaneously using her platform to help those in need.
8. What do you do for recreation? Exercise, read, go to the movies, swim and canoe.
9. What is your favorite family game, i.e., something you play or played with your children? Scrabble.
10. Who is your favorite poet? Walt Whitman.
11. Is there a song you like to sing? Yes! It depends on my mood and could be anything from Writing by Elton John to Aja by Steely Dan to How Do You Speak To An Angel? By Etta James to We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About by Jimmy Buffet to Five To One by The Doors. This really represents only a small sampling of the music I love to sing along with!
I nominate the following bloggers for a Liebster Award:
2. Janice Ross
6. Jo Robinson
7. Eli Glassman
10. Vincent Egoro
Congratulations to all my honorees.I selected you because your blogs inspire me in many different ways. To claim your award, please follow the rules above.
Here are your 11 questions:
1. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
2. If you could go anywhere you wanted…anywhere at all, where would this be? Why?
3. Who brings out the best in you?
4. What is your highest vision/goal for yourself?
5. What Superpower do you wish you had?
6. As a reader, are you a fan of the close-up view, like exploring a microcosm, a subculture? Or do you prefer the wide shot—looking at an entire cosm, culture?
7. Who is your favorite author? Why?
8. It has been suggested that as a group, writers tend to be elitists. Based on your experiences, do you agree with this assertion? Why or why not.
9. What is your favorite genre of music?
10. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
11. Who is your favorite cartoon character? Why?
That’s it, everyone. Have fun claiming your award.
Thank you, again, Jennie for nominating me for the Liebster Award.
Danica Cornell is the author of the forthcoming DARK STAR Sci-fi/Fantasy Series, soon to be published by Cool Geek Books. To learn more about Danica’s work, her love of dogs, and her support of UNICEF, please visit her website at www.danicacornell.com.
Danica Cornell is a proud member of the RAVE REVIEWS BOOK CLUB.